AutoCAD WS has been renamed to AutoCAD 360 and is from now on formally a member of the Autodesk 360 cloud based family. AutoCAD 360 offers viewing, editing, and sharing of CAD drawings (DWG), simplifying on-site redlining, as-built documentation, and design review and approval. But it has not only a new name…
A new mobile app update available at iTunes App Store or Google Play. In the mobile app the new “Smart Pen” will make it much easier to sketch with. If you sketch a circle it will be able to turn the rough circle into a real circle for example.
There are new AutoCAD 360 Pro mobile app plans and here are the top 12 reasons to get a Pro plan.
- Create New Drawings - Easily create new drawings from scratch; perfect for initial layout sketching in the field.
- Large File Support - Open and work on larger drawings with support for files up to 30MB with a Pro plan, or up to 40MB with a Pro Plus plan.
- Third-Party Storage - Easily view, mark up, and edit drawings directly from popular cloud storage solutions, including Dropbox, Box, Egnyte, Buzzsaw, and custom WebDAV connections.
- Advanced Layer Management - Advanced layer-management tools provide more control over your drawing. Quickly add, rename, isolate, invert, and lock layers for easier viewing and editing.
- Properties and Attributes - Easily view object properties such as layer, length, and area. Also view, edit, and add block attributes data while you're in the field.
- Block Libraries - Easily drag and place blocks onto a drawing directly from the drawing's block collection.
- Drawing Coordinates - View the coordinates of points in a drawing, and use them to draw with more accuracy.
- Added Drawing Tools - Added Arc and Arrow drawing tools help you draw and call out notes in drawings.
- Faster, More Accurate Editing - More editing tools such as Extend Vertex, Offset, and Mirror help you edit drawings faster and with more accuracy.
- More Measuring & Dimension Tools - Accurately measure lines, radius, and angles in your drawing. Also, additional dimension tools help you document drawings using line, radius, diameter, and angle dimensions.
- Priority Support - Receive top-priority support and get quick problem resolution and fast answers to your questions.
- Increased Storage Space - Take all of your drawings with you! AutoCAD 360 Pro plans afford you plenty of added storage space—up to 25GB with a Pro plan, and up to 100GB with a Pro Plus plan.
And here, you can compare the AutoCAD 360 Pro mobile app plans. The Pro plan is at $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year while the pro plus is at $99.99 per year.
This is what the web app looks like right now with drawing, editing and annotate tools.
Here’s the Welcome to AutoCAD 360 video.
More info on the subject:
- Autodesk 360 for BIM
- Autodesk 360 for PLM
- AutoCAD for iPad, iPod and iPhone - AutoCAD WS
- AutoCAD WS Mobile in Apple App store for free
- AutoCAD WS plugin for AutoCAD and more subscription packs
- Free DWG to PDF conversion with AutoCAD WS
- AutoCAD WS with 3D, GPS and Print functionality
- Autodesk 360 in AutoCAD 2014