JTB FlexReport 9.0 is now released and available. JTB FlexReport is a solution for monitoring network license usage and software usage in general. With its reports you are in a better position to know the actual usage of often expensive licenses. You will easier predict when and how to handle the need of increases or decreases of your licenses.
JTB FlexReport Core, JTB Process Monitor service and client, and JTB SPLM service and client are updated. JTB FlexReport Chart Service and Client will be updated soon but we wanted to get out what’s ready first.
Here are some of the main news:
- DSLS support added including import of historic logs and denials.
- The SLM tab is renamed to SLM/RMS and adds improved functionality for Sentinel RMS. AVEVA Licensing System fully supported.
- SPLM 2012 support added.
- Altium license monitoring support added.
- JTB Process Monitor updated to handle idling of processes with detection of usage of an application if mouse movement or keyboard usage is detected for the application or if the CPU usage for the application exceeds a specified level.
This way you will get a better picture of how much the applications really are being used as sometimes an application can be running the whole day but only being used an hour or so. If monitoring network licenses both with JTB FlexReport Core and JTB Process Monitor you will now see that they match better, especially if you’re making use of TIMEOUTALL or TIMEOUT on the FlexNet license server.
- JTB Process Monitor can now detect if different AutoCAD verticals are running even though they use the same acad.exe by the added title filter. Thus you get a report on AutoCAD 2016 as well as AutoCAD Architecture 2016 separately.
- Added automatic reading of user and host names from AVEVA’s ALS XML.
- Several improvements and bug fixes related to 12D usage monitoring.
- Added support for showing user group information on the HTML report grouped on servers. User groups are first taken from the FlexNet options file if it’s been specified on the FlexNet tab, otherwise from user groups defined in the Group Administrator.
- Added support for SLM based licenses to show up in the HTML reports and also log feature usage to the ‘log’ table.