AutoCAD 2016 for Mac and AutoCAD LT 2016 for Mac were released November 21, 2015 and here are the news:
- Xref path management – You can now map Xref file paths from your Mac to Windows machines, including networked servers, so sharing drawings back-and-forth between project team members is now easier.
- Express Tools – We’ve brought over several of the popular Express Tools from Windows to Mac, so you get the efficiency gains from Express Tools on your Mac and experience less friction when switching between platforms.
- Features from the Windows version of AutoCAD 2016 – This release includes many of the newest features from the Windows version. You can now use Revision Clouds, DIM Command Enhancements, Command Preview, and Selection Effects on the Mac platform.
- Properties Palette – You can now display the Properties you use most often without having to scroll through the entire properties list.
- Multi-Lingual User Interface (MUI) – Set your language (French or English) in the Mac System Preferences and AutoCAD will follow. There’s now no need for a separate install.
- Update Notification – Updates are now delivered as small packages that don’t require lengthy downloads or install times.
- Smaller PDFs with select-and-search capability – PDF output file-size is now greatly reduced, making it easier to share and open. Text in your PDFs is now selectable and searchable.
- Pan and Zoom – Navigating your drawings is now easier because we’ve sped up and smoothed out panning and zooming.
- TrueType font enhancements – All TrueType font text is retained in the drawing, so panning and zooming performance is considerably improved.
More about AutoCAD for Mac.