Almost two months ago BricsCAD Sheet Set functionality was added and I was not impressed. BricsCAD v13.1.11 is the most recent version but in BricsCAD v13.1.10 there were some improvements in this area:
- New Sheet dialog:
- added browse buttons for folder path and layout template.
- new number is entered automatically, based on current number of sheets and using the new 'SheetNumberLeadingZeroes' preference
- import from existing drawings: new sheets are automatically numbered, the sheet title can now be the drawing name, layout name or both.
- when creating new sheets, custom sheet properties are now copied into the new sheet(s).
- Edit Custom properties: adding, editing and removing sheetset and sheet custom properties.
- when a sheet is opened, paths are now being resolved (dst: NewSheetLocation, DefDwtLayout; dwg: AcSheetSetData).
- a sheet can now be associated with another layout, when it is opened and the drawing is not found.
- when creating a new subset, the parent subset's properties are now copied into the new subset.
- Sheetset fields sometimes failed to update correctly.
- when changing a property in a subset that contains nested subsets, the user is asked if he wants to apply the same change to the nested subsets.
- Explorer: removed "Prompt for Template" property from sheetset/subset property view.
- Explorer: added "New Subset" to the sheet context menu for inserting a new subset between existing sheets.
- added automatic backup of DST files upon opening, controlled by the 'SheetSetAutoBackup' preference.
- added sheetset XML import/export.
Version 13.1.6 included this fix:
SHEET SETS: fields failed to update.
Version 13.1.7 included these fixes:
SR37041 - Sheet Sets:
- When a sheetset was modified 'Save changes?' dialog now appears before the Drawing Explorer closes; a Cancel button was added; when 'No' is chosen, the sheetset tree branch is restored to its original contents.
- Improved finding the dst for for drawings coming from another location.
Version 13.1.8 included these fixes:
SR37058 - SHEET SETS:
- Sheet sets coming from another location (or older application version) can contain paths that do not exist on the current system. These paths are now resolved as much as possible upon opening of the sheetset.
- New Sheet Set dialog:
- reorganized pages
- display nested subsets
- display subsets also when creating sheetset from existing drawings
- added context menu to layout list for selecting none/all/first of drawing
- Field dialog: sheetset fields value was not displayed unless one of the format types was selected.
- Added 'total number of sheets' to sheetset properties and sheetset fields: SheetSet.SheetCount and Subset.SheetCount (BricsCAD-only field types).
Want to do more with Sheet Sets? Check out JTB World’s SSMPropEditor.