AutoCAD 2016 has got its first service pack and there are quite a lot of fixes so I suggest you install it.
AutoCAD service packs are now separate and independent of the specific service packs for AutoCAD-based vertical products.
- In the past, AutoCAD-specific fixes were included in the verticals service packs and you only needed to install the appropriate verticals service pack.
- From now on, you will need to install the AutoCAD service pack in addition to any applicable service pack for your vertical products.
Read more on the Autodesk's Knowledge Network page or get SP1 from Autodesk Application Manager:
Direct links to the installers:
According to the readme:
The following operating systems are officially supported for 32-bit and 64-bit AutoCAD 2016 with Service Pack 1.
- Windows 10 Enterprise edition
- Windows 10 Professional edition
Problems Reported with the Customer Error Reporting Utility
As a result of the detailed information that we received from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, we were able to identify and fix a number of problems. Updates were made to the following commands and features:
- Occasional crashes when adding dimension, mtext, or mleader objects in layout viewports.
- Occasional crashes when working in a drawing containing a large image file.
- Occasional crashes when working in a geolocation drawing with an attached image.
- Occasional crashes when using the mouse wheel to zoom out in certain drawings with attached images.
- Occasional crashes when docking or closing the Point Cloud Manager palette in Windows 10.
- Occasional crashes when publishing multiple layouts to single-sheet PDFs.
- Occasional crashes after object selection in a drawing with many xref layers.
- Crashes on startup when using certain AMD display cards with a recent driver.
- Occasional crashes when working with customized object snaps.
- Occasional crashes when there are a large number of polylines with assigned lineweights.
- Occasional crashes when opening certain drawings.
- Occasional crashes when attaching a PDF file.
- Occasional crashes when closing the program when there are a large number of layers in the drawing.
- Occasional crashes when moving objects using object snaps in 3D to a block or a reference in a layout.
- Occasional crashes when opening drawings from network folder shortcuts in Windows 10.
- Occasional crashes when selecting and deleting a subobject in a 3D solid.
- Occasional crashes when repeatedly opening and closing AutoCAD, and using the Refedit command along with Undo and Redo operations.
The following defects have been fixed:
- Applying a Curve Surface Intersection between a plane and a line gives an incorrect result in some cases.
- A nested block moves in some cases after it is fully exploded.
- The Zoom cursor badge does not turn off for the Zoom Window command even when the CURSORBADGE system variable is set to 1.
- Associative dimension values change when you change their dimension style in some cases.
- Part of the complex DGN linetype in a curve is missing when High Quality Geometry is turned on.
- The wrong linetype displays when opening a drawing with complex DGN linetypes that are assigned to pline arcs.
- Concentric arcs with a small opening angle may not be displayed as concentric at some zoom levels.
- Ellipses and elliptical arcs on a layer with VP Freeze turned on display outside the layout viewport.
- Some object colors change when using ZOOM together with 3D Visual Styles with faces displayed.
- The associativity of gradient fills turns off when you create them by clicking inside boundaries.
- Cannot set the hatch origin when using the ribbon when the COMMANDPREVIEW system variable is turned on.
- The hatch pattern definition is limited to 80 characters.
- The intersection osnap doesn't work for hatch patterns.
- The hatch pattern doesn't change in some cases when choosing a different hatch pattern from the ribbon during hatch creation.
- There is double space between each layer when the Layer Properties Manager is first opened.
- The intersection osnap does not work inside hatch patterns.
Plot and Publish
- Wipeout and masked text prints black when using the DWG to PDF PC3 file under Printer/Plotter.
- A hatch set to the color white is printed as black in a PDF in some cases.
- Hyperlinks attached to certain blocks causes the plotted PDF files to inflate in size.
- The text formatted for reading right-to-left is printed upside down.
- A high resolution image in a drawing might have an unexpected result when exported as a DWF file in some cases.
- A mismatched plot page size results in an error report and halts the print job in some cases.
- The default PDF file name discards all characters that follow a period.
- In some Truetype fonts, characters with diacritical marks that are underlined in a text object do not plot.
- When plotting PDF files, SHX text in PDF comments can be turned off by setting EPDFSHX=0 (the default is 1). In addition, some PDF viewers display text that uses SHX fonts as comments and this system variable addresses this issue as well. In a future release, we plan to rename this system variable to begin with the letters PDF.
- Performance slows down for the OPEN and REGEN commands in drawings that contain many dynamic block with fields.
- Performance slows down with the PUBLISH command in some cases.
- Performance is affected when opening drawings containing references to unresolved data extraction (DXE) files.
Quick Properties Palette
- The Quick Properties palette is not displayed anymore after closing the Block Editor when the Ribbon is closed.
- The Quick Properties palette displays unexpectedly when editing a Hatch object.
- Includes a security patch to address a vulnerability where a specially crafted raster image in a drawing can trigger unauthorized code execution.
- With right-click set to operate as an Enter at the Command prompt, a menu appears instead.
- The 3DCLIP and DVIEW options, CLip and Camera, doesn't clip circles, arcs, ellipses and elliptical arcs when High Quality Geometry is turned on.
- Lines are not clipped by the edges of layout viewports if the drawing contains a clipped PDF, DWF, or DWFx underlay.
- The ALIGN command doesn't work correctly for an object that is slightly rotated.
- Signed VLX files containing DCL dialogs boxes fail to display.
- Using eTransmit includes xrefs despite the Bind External References option being checked.
- The Start tab, Design Feed palette, and Help window do not display correctly with higher DPI settings.
- Customized Table Data in Table Style Settings fail to display.
- The tooltip from the Start tab remains displayed when Design Feed palette is open.