If your Internet access support high bandwidth and you want to establish more concurrent connections than two, perform the following steps:
- Start the registry editor. (regedit.exe)
- Locate the registry subkey HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
- Add a new, DWORD Value named MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
- Add a new, DWORD Value named MaxConnectionsPerServer
- Edit these two and set it to the value for the number of connections you want. (I have mine set to 10.)
With this registry tweak I can download 10 files concurrently. This works with all Windows Internet applications that use the standard API, including Internet Explorer. More can be found on this at Microsoft's KB.
Or the following four rows can be saved to a text file using Notepad and with the .reg file extension. For example MaxConnectionsPerServer.reg. Then just run (merge) this file.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00