SnagIt has a new major release. I just installed SnagIt 9 and so far everything looks great. The first Beta versions had some quirks but they seems to be all gone now.
As many other vendors lately they have introduced the Fluent UI with its Ribbon and I think it makes the Editor so much better.
Combining images is a new feature in the Editor that makes it a snap to combine two or more images that are easily available from the quick view with thumbnails of your previous captures.
Here is a quick list of the news:
- Added multiple image editing capability.
- Added autosaving of captures.
- Added persistent undo for captures.
- Added automatic metadata capture which includes capturing date and time, application, and website, if appropriate.
- Added custom metadata tagging with custom keywords and several preset flags.
- Added searching functionality.
- Modified SnagIt's editor to support Microsoft's new Fluent UI.
- Upgraded SnagIt's image processing capability.
- Updated SnagIt's theme to black.
- Updated SnagIt's help documentation and added more tips within the product to provide better contextual help.
- Fixed many issues with text capture.
- Fixed several memory leaks.
- Fixed a crash bug with multipage PDFs and TIFFs.
- Removed Instant Messenger Output.
- Removed the Catalog Browser.
- Removed the Classic View.
Here are the news on TechSmith's blog.