Some useful info for CAD managers and others managing network licenses (FlexNet/FLEXlm) for Autodesk products and software ranging from version 2010 to 2012 of everything from AutoCAD to Inventor and Revit.
- lmtools.exe version 11.9
- lmgrd.exe version 11.9
- lmutil.exe version 11.9
- adskflex.exe version 184.108.40.206
This is the same NLM.msi that comes on the installation media on for example AutoCAD 2012.
Autodesk IPv4 Network License Manager for Windows
From Knowledge base: DL16273699 including downloads
The Autodesk Network License Manager for IPv4 networks using Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 and 2003 R2, Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008 and 2008 R2, Windows XP, Windows Vista®, and Windows 7.
To install the Autodesk Network License Manager
- Double-click the nlm_ipv4Support_Win32.exe file on your desktop. This will extract the NLM.msi file to C:\install\Autodesk\NLMIPv4Support_Win32 and start the installer wizard.
- If the installer wizard does not start automatically, locate the new NLM.msi file and double-click it to start the installer wizard. Follow instructions on the screen.
- After installation is complete, click Close.
To start the Network License Server
You should be logged in with Administrator rights when working with the LMTOOLS utility.
- Right-click the LMTOOLS icon on the desktop and click Run As Administrator.
- Click the Config Services tab and provide all necessary information.
- Click the Save Service button and then click the Start/Stop/Reread tab.
- On the Start/Stop/Reread tab, click Start Server.
- Close lmtools.exe.
Autodesk IPv6 Network License Manager for Windows
From Knowledge base: DL10976858 including downloads
The Autodesk Network License Manager for IPv6 networks using Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008 and 2008 R2, Windows Vista®, and Windows 7.
This implementation supports mixed IPv4/IPv6 and IPv6-only environments. It does not support network license checkouts in an IPv4-only environment.