These tips from Autodesk’s Knowledge Base TS15127843 might be useful if you have this problem.
You experience that the cursor in AutoCAD®, AutoCAD® Map 3D® or AutoCAD® Civil 3D® is slow or jerky.
There may be many causes to this issue. Here are a few suggestions that may resolve the issue.
- If you have an active virus scan application, such as Bitdefender, running on your workstation, diabling or removing the virus scan application may help.
- If the issue occurs and appears to get worse through out the day, restarting you computer may help.
- Disabling Selection Cycling by typing SELECTIONCYLING at the command line and setting the value to 0 may help.
- If you are experiencing the issue on an HP, Dell or other band of laptop that has a biometric scanner, disabling the Digital Persona (or other fingerprint authentication software) service may help.
- If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, try turning off Aero themes and/or diabling the BitLocker feature.
There may be many other machine variables and configuration that may affect this type of issue. While this may not be a complete list of all of the services/features that may cause this issue, it includes many of them that have previously solved the issue for customers reporting it.