I and other beta testers have used SP2 for some time but if you don’t want to be the first to run into any unexpected problems you might want to wait a few weeks. (remember SP1 that quickly was replaced by SP1.1) Other than that there are a lot of fixes in SP2 making it worth installing.
This Service Pack can be applied to AutoCAD 2013 installed as a standalone application as well as AutoCAD 2013 installed from the following Autodesk Design Suites.
- AutoCAD Design Suite 2013
- Autodesk Building Design Suite 2013
- Autodesk Factory Design Suite 2013
- Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite 2013
- Autodesk Plant Design Suite 2013
- Autodesk Product Design Suite 2013
The following operating systems are also now officially supported for 32-bit and 64-bit AutoCAD 2013 with Service Pack 2.
- Windows 8 Standard edition
- Windows 8 Enterprise edition
- Windows 8 Professional edition
_VERNUM (product version) details:
AutoCAD 2013 SP2: G.204.0.0 (UNICODE)
AutoCAD 2013 SP1.1: G.114.0.0 (UNICODE)
AutoCAD 2013 SP1: G.112.0.0 (UNICODE)
AutoCAD 2013: G.55.0.0 (UNICODE)
As a result of detailed information from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, a number of problems were identified and fixed. Updates have been made in the following commands and features:
3D Navigation Tools
- Occasional crash related to navigation tools.
- Crash with long file path in the Autodesk 360 folder.
- Occasional crash when opening AutoCAD with the InfoCenter off.
- Occasional crash when clicking a block table grip with only one row of values available.
- Crash when switching Input Method Editor (IME) after canceling a command when DYNMODE is set to 0 and the command window is docked.
- Fatal error when scrolling the DGN linetype in the Properties Palette.
- Occasional crash when grip-editing annotative dimensions.
External Reference (XREF)
- An OLE Object in an xref was not correctly set before the xref was detached. This crash issue has been resolved by opening the xref before erasing it.
- Occasional crash when using MATCHPROP with multileaders.
- Occasional crash when closing the application with a drawing that contains an OLE object.
- Occasional crash when changing or switching profiles in Options.
- Occasional crash when plotting with a wipeout in the drawing.
- Crash when specifying other PDF file from Saved Path field in External Reference palette.
- Occasional crash when opening AutoCAD drawings in Windows 8.
- Occasional crash due to using Intersection object snaps on lightweight polylines.
- Some corrupt drawings crash when opened or saved and are not fixed automatically.
- Exiting the Text Editor while previewing text style causes a crash.
The following defects have been fixed:
3D Navigation Tools
- Zoom speed varies with 3Dconnexion device in perspective view.
- Issue with the MASSPROP command with sliced 3D solids.
- Issue with the display of the Block Property Table cascading menu.
CUI (Customize User Interface)
- Missing checkboxes in the Customize User Interface (CUI) dialog box when NET 4.5 is installed.
- Issues with exporting files to DGN, even after exploding contents of file.
- Import of a DGN arc as an Ellipse.
- Radial dimensions for regions can become associated to wrong arc.
- Dimension text background fill cannot be reset in Properties.
- Jogged radial dimensions in paper space may reflect the wrong value of an extruded cylinder in model space.
- MONOCHROME BITMAP attached in DWG file is not shown correctly.
- MASSPROP reports an incorrect mass and centroid for a solid swept along a planar spline.
- Multileader scale is not always updated when multileader style is changed.
Model Documentation - Detail View
- Changing the Hatch property of a Detail view derived from a Section view sometimes causes AutoCAD to hang.
- Ellipse is sometimes distorted during stretching.
- The font doesn't match the setting in -STYLE command in Windows 8.
- There is a black stripe when plotting some drawings with a clipped image.
- A printer cannot be added after adding multiple driver folders in the Options dialog box.
- Drawings cannot be plotted with the oversized paper size and transparency on.
- Grips for attributes of blocks are not automatically made hot upon sub-selection.
- Selection preview is reset to off when IntelliMouse® zooming is ended.
- DCL files whose code page matches the system but not the product are not recognized and loaded properly.
- Saving some DWG files that contain 3D solids is slow.
- A UCS other than the World UCS results in an incorrect location for the wipeout frame.
- Prompts to save are not displayed when closing a hyperlink drawing that has been changed.
- Performance is slow when saving the drawing created with Release 2010 and earlier.
Fixes in the previous AutoCAD 2013 Service Pack 1.1 are included.
See also more details in the posts AutoCAD 2013 SP1 & AutoCAD LT 2013 SP1 and AutoLISP and VBA Security Controls in AutoCAD 2013 SP1.