Revit 2013 Update Release 1 is now available and this time there is no need to do a full install instead service pack technology is being used. Download links below as well as a list of all enhancements.
Revit Architecture 2013 Update Release 1: DL20121970 (Applies to: AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite 2013 and Autodesk Revit Architecture 2013)
Revit Structure 2013 Update Release 1: DL20122015 (Applies to: AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite 2013, Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate 2013, Autodesk Plant Design Suite Ultimate 2013 and Autodesk Revit Structure 2013)
Revit MEP 2013 Update Release 1: DL20122070 (Applies to: AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite 2013 and Autodesk Revit MEP 2013)
Revit 2013 Update Release 1: DL20121968 (Applies to Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium 2013, Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2013 and Autodesk Revit 2013)
Improvements made in Update 1 build (20120716_1115):
Autodesk Revit Platform 2013 Enhancements
- Improves stability when opening projects from previous versions of Revit.
- Improves stability during Copy/Paste operations.
- Corrects display of solid filled regions with transparent backgrounds.
- Allows exporting of materials painted on elements to ODBC.
- Improves performance of opening and closing sketch mode in projects with many families.
- Improves stability when setting a Design Option as the Primary.
- Improves stability when Fixed Distance option for a divided path.
- Improves stability while browsing to Revit Server when there is no network connectivity.
- Improves export consistency of Space and Zone elements when multiple elements have the same name and number.
- Allows Raytrace mode to work with DirectX 9.
- Improves stability when using Raytrace mode with Hardware Acceleration disabled.
- Improves Raytrace mode rendering output.
- Improves Surface Transparency override by element for multiple selection.
- Improves printing consistency when tone mapping is enabled.
- Disables Sun and SunPath from being rendered in Raytrace mode.
- Improves stability when using manual exposure in Raytrace mode.
- Improves stability when rendering views.
- Improves stability and performance when using visualization features like Sky, Exposure, and Anti-Aliasing.
- Improves stability when importing IFC data which contains special characters.
- Improves the setting of custom parameter values during import of IFC data.
- Improves stability when importing IFC data which contains an invalid line pattern.
- Allows Markups from DWF to be exported to DWF.
- Improves stability when drag and drop a DWG file into a Revit project.
- Improves stability when importing DXF data.
- Improves dimension fidelity when exporting to DWG with export units set to Meter.
- Improves alignment of hatch and fill patterns when exporting to DWG.
- Improves stability when selecting a new host for an element within an In-place Wall.
- Improves section creation within a project with linked model.
- Improves stability when working with Materials.
- Improves the displayed Pattern Type assigned to an element with the Material Editor.
- Corrects the display of the materials category within the Paint interface.
- Corrects the printed display of fill patterns within perspective views.
- Improves stability of Type editing when multiple element types are in the selection set.
Autodesk Revit Architecture 2013 Enhancements
- Improves stability when closing a sketch editor, such as slab, site, etc., which create a large number of points.
- Improves creation of U-shaped winder stairs.
- Improves stability when editing winder stairs.
- Improves performance when many railings exist within a project.
- Improves stability when support type is not defined for stair.
- Improves railing representation in coarse view.
Autodesk Revit Structure 2013 Enhancements
- Improves placement of analytical nodes when in 3D views.
- Improves stability when enabling “Show Analytical Model Categories in this View” when the Warning dialog is open.
- Improves creation consistency with Physical Wall when coping an Analytical Model Wall.
- Improves stability when editing an Opening within an object which spans to the boundary of an Analytical Surface.
- Corrects the reporting of the “Structural Parameter” on slabs.
- Improves masking of linked files by Mask and Filled regions in Structural Views.
- Improves stability when placing Rebar.
- Improves stability when copying Area or Path reinforcement between projects which have differing value for the Reinforcement Project Setting: “Host structural rebar”.
- Improves visibility of round rebar when displayed in fine detail level.
Autodesk® Revit® MEP 2013 Enhancements
- Corrects the Slope value on placeholder pipe when slope is greater than 15 degrees.
- Improves consistency when applying a slope to a layout which contains a transition.
- Improves stability when splitting pipes which belong to different systems.
- Corrects visibility of the center line when displaying rise/drop symbols.
- Improves stability when opening a Revit 2012 project which contains a pipe placeholder schedule.
- Improves consistency of unit formatting within Panel Schedules .
- Improves consistency of adding circuits to equipment that are connected to a pipe or duct system.
- Improves stability when adding a device, which is connected to a wire, to a circuit.
- Improves display of annotation on duct and pipe transitions.
- Improves stability when inserting duct fittings.
- Improves stability when viewing Routing Solutions.
There are also several Autodesk Revit API 2013 Enhancements:
- Allows Document.PostFailure to be used to post multiple errors during a single transaction that do not reference an ElementId.
- Improves stability using UIApplication.DoDragDrop when a Revit command (such as the Wall tool) was active.
- Improves stability by disabling keyboard shortcuts (except view zoom shortcuts) when a PreviewControl is active.
- Improves stability in ReferenceIntersector.FindNearest() when no matching target pick is found.
- Corrects validation logic to allow NewFamilyInstance to place face-based families on transformed family instances.
- Dimension.Above and Dimension.Below now update the dimension after their data is changed without requiring any user action.
- The properties MechanicalSystem.SystemType, ElectricalConnector.SystemType,
PipeConnector.SystemType are obsolete in Revit 2013. Instead query the parameter
RBS_DUCT_CONNECTOR_SYSTEM_CLASSIFICATION_PARAM on ConnectorElement.
- Corrects data reported with ConnectorManager.UnusedConnectors.
- Fixes a file corruption that could occur when extensible storage data was added to an element in a central file.
- Improves stability when saving a file with extensible storage data that overwrites an existing file that also contains extensible storage.
- RVT Links created with RevitLinkType.Create will remain loaded when the RVT containing the link is reopened.
- Previously, setting 'suppressBendRadius' to true in method Rebar.GetCenterlineCurves() would cause both fillet bends and user-drawn, parameterized arcs to be omitted from the collection of curves returned by the method. The method now omits only the fillet bends; the drawn arcs are included along with the straight edges.
- Updates Rebar.GetCenterlineCurves() method with an additional argument: a MultiplanarOption (enum), which should be set to IncludeAllMultiplanarCurves or IncludeOnlyPlanarCurves. This argument controls whether all curves of a multi-planar Rebar instance are returned, or only those which lie in the primary plane.
- Enables method Rebar.ComputeDrivingCurves(). This method returns a collection of curves that includes the lines and arcs that drive the shape, but excludes fillets and hooks. It is equivalent to calling GetCenterlinCurves(adjustForSelfIntersection=false, suppressHooks=true, suppressBendRadius=true, multiplanarOption=IncludeOnlyPlanarCurves)
- Improvements have been made in RebarShape methods that deal with matching RebarShapes to collections of curves: CreateFromCurvesAndShape(), RebarShapeMatchesCurvesAndHooks().
- Corrects behavior ot RebarShape.Create() method to not ignore the out-of-plane bend diameter specified in the RebarShapeMultiplanarDefinition argument object, and always used an internal