I wonder why caution should be exercised according to this Autodesk KB document.
Autodesk product licenses have not been tested for use with Macrovision FLEXNET™ Manager. As such, the use of Autodesk product licenses with Macrovision FLEXNET Manager is not supported and caution should be exercised if you are considering using this product.
Autodesk product licenses have been tested and are fully supported only on Macrovision FLEXlm™ software.
According to Macrovision:
Using FLEXnet Manager, organizations cut software spending by up to 35%, simplify license administration, keep software compliant, and ensure end users have access to the licenses they need to do their jobs.
- Cut costs by eliminating unused licenses and maintenance plans
- Optimize software spending by basing license purchases on actual needs
- Avoid costly and embarrassing audit fines by keeping licenses compliant
- Improve end-user productivity by eliminating software license denials
- Reduce administration time by automating and centralizing license management tasks
- Leverage license and software investments by billing costs back to specific departments or projects
If you can afford FLEXnet Manager go for it. If not, consider the less expensive alternative JTB FlexReport from JTB World. As a JTB FlexReport user you have better chance to have opinions the software functionality.