If you use AutoCAD 2011 go get Update 2.
AutoCAD 2011 Update 1.1 is a prerequisite.
Updates have been made in the following commands and features: 3D Cache, Annotation Scaling, ASM, DBX-ACDB, DRAW2D, Drawing Tools, eTransmit, Hatch, Layer, Layouts, Mtext, OLE, Options and Text.
The following defects have been fixed:
- .NET API is not always able to create a polyline boundary.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when selecting Perspective in the View Cube context menu.
- 3Dconnexion device may not work properly on a 64 bit Operating System in 2D mode in paper space.
- 3Dconnexion device performance may be slow when zooming and or working in a 2D visual style.
- Extrusions from mesh face path may not be able to follow multiple segment paths correctly.
- Using an API to render AcDbSubDmesh may lose its orientation, scale and original texture mapping.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when editing a drawing with all 3dosnaps enabled.
- AutoCAD may become unstable after using Control Copy and Control Paste, then SAVEAS to R12DXF
- Command line history may display items that were not entered through the command line.
- When trimming polylines and arcs the shape can change and sometimes decurve.
- Polylines may return a negative area if you have used the REVERSE command.
- WBLOCK may be unable to save the drawing to the AutoCAD 2000 file format for “DWG” and “DXF”.
- Plotting DWF Classic may be missing lines on the final DWF.
- Drawings rendered in AutoCAD 2012 may display an error when rendered in AutoCAD 2011.
- When rendering a drawing, you may receive an error message about missing assets.
- Input value may not be displayed in the recent input right click menu.
- AutoCAD may become unstable after editing Mtext and then changing viewports.
- Unable to export multi-line attribute values with ObjectDBX.
- You may receive an "Invalid Drawing" warning when opening up drawings created on AutoCAD 2011 for the Mac.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when importing a profile that contains a change to the STATUSBAR sysvar.
- Perpendicular Osnap behavior is different when grip editing Lines and grip editing Polylines.
- Drawing files created with non-Autodesk products can now be successfully opened using the COM AcadDocuments::Open API.
- Some custom lisp routines may run slower than in previous releases.
- Performance may be slow on Windows 7 with selected polylines while zoomed out as far as possible.
- Property Palette may become slow when selecting dimension entities.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when publishing large drawings to PDF.
- Running recover on some DWG files may cause text to move in the DWG.
- Custom menu macros that send numbers to the command line will only work once when entered from the Ribbon.
- AutoCAD may become unstable while editing MTEXT.
- When Workspaces are set to automatically save changes, restarting AutoCAD may result in both the Ribbon and the Command line being turned off.