Office 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) is now available and when I installed it via Windows Update I got the error 0x8024002D. First time it just failed to install. I then tried again and got a dialog box asking for an MSI file so I browsed for it. Still it didn’t work so I tried again and got asked about another MSI file. After a few tries it finally worked out. Problem solved.
(Checking the log file in %TEMP% I saw this: Error 1706. Setup cannot find the required files. Check your connection to the network, or CD-ROM drive. For other potential solutions to this problem, see SETUP.CHM.")
Strange that the files could not be found because they were available. I had them on an external hard drive, maybe that confused the installer.
This KB article might otherwise help.
On the topic I found that I had to rebuild the whole Index, something I’m not so happy about.
Here are some highlights of SP1:
Excel 2010 SP1 Improves the overall stability, performance and backward compatibility with earlier versions by addressing bugs that affect lots of users.
Outlook 2010 SP1 includes Office 365 support.
Outlook 2010 SP1 can be set to always use the default sending account.
Outlook 2010 SP1 Fixes an issue in which the snooze time does not between appointments.
PowerPoint 2010 SP1 The default behavior for the Use Presenter View option is changed to display the slide show on the secondary monitor, and display the notes on the primary monitor.
For complete list of improvements see this KB article including details for Word 2010 SP1 and OneNote 2010 SP1.