Autodesk has released Update 1 for AutoCAD 2011 and AutoCAD LT 2011. 32-bit and 64-bit versions of this update can be found at the following links:
UPDATE: Autodesk has re-released the update as Update 1.1 for AutoCAD 2011 and AutoCAD LT 2011. Update 1.1 replaces Update 1 and includes the fix that was released in the aforementioned hotfix.
This update is only for AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT and cannot be applied to vertical products that are based on AutoCAD 2011.
As a result of detailed information from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, a number of problems were identified and fixed. Updates have been made in the following commands and features:
- 2D Display
- 3D Navigation Tools
- Annotation Scaling
- Customize User Interface (CUI)
- DGN Support
- External References
- File Navigation
- General UI
- Graphic System
- Parametric Drawing
- Partial Open
- PDF Export
- Selection Highlighting
The following defects have been fixed:
- .NET applications built for AutoCAD 2010 may not run on AutoCAD 2011.
- When opening multiple drawings, the minimize and maximize buttons may not always be visible.
- You may experience a random exception when loading custom ARX applications.
- When using Software Acceleration, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- When VSINTERSECTIONEDGES is set to “0” Camera preview can be extremely slow.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when stretching along the Z axis of the Gizmo.
- Using the Gizmo grip on a 3D model may not work correctly from the right-click menu.
3D Navigation Tools
- Navigation Bar tooltips may cause AutoCAD to become unstable when switching between drawings.
- Clicking on the “X” to close AutoCAD may fail if the drawing is maximized, and both the ViewCube® and SteeringWheels® function are enabled.
- Orbiting 3D models does not degrade when Adaptive Degradation is checked in the Performance Tuner and uses the 3D Connexion device
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using the Look tool in the WHEEL command.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using 3D Orbit in degradation mode with 3Dconnexion devices.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using the Walk tool in the SteeringWheel feature with degradation and when FPS is set to a limit of 30.
- Drawings containing 100 or more annotation scales cannot be reset.
- Third party applications may fail when using "removeCmd" in custom ARX applications.
- Multiline attributes in a dynamic block created in AutoCAD 2011 may not display in AutoCAD 2010.
- With Dynamic Mode set to “0” you may not be able to input Japanese or Chinese characters at the command line.
Customer Involvement Program
- AutoCAD fails to start due to Customer Involvement Program on Windows 7 workstations with Windows 2008 Server on the same subnet.
- When an Enterprise menu is loaded, the Workspace control in the CUI Editor may be grayed out.
- Unable to copy and paste toolbar controls in the CUI Editor.
- When switching profiles that point to a CUIx file that cannot be found, AutoCAD may become unstable.
- When using "^P" in a macro, the MENUECHO is not displayed properly.
- AutoCAD will display a CER (Customer Error Report) dialog when exiting AutoCAD with a digitizer configured.
- DGNIMPORT command may not work with the option to ignore external references.
- Some AutoCAD Mechanical objects cannot be selected after being inserted as a block and exploded.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using eTransmit on drawings containing multileaders.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when a password protected screen saver displays on the screen.
- May have issues updating the Graphics Card drivers on Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- Some display drivers may show up as certified even though they were not certified.
- WBLOCK may be unable to save the drawing to the AutoCAD 2000 file format for “DWG” and “DXF”
- AutoCAD may become unstable when an External Reference is reloaded after XOPEN, EDIT, or SAVE.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when opening multiple drawings in the same session when running out of video memory.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when opening large amounts of drawings.
- Hatch may not display properly when dynamic blocks are part of the boundary and live preview is enabled.
- Some hatch objects on a newly thawed layer may require a “REGEN” to display.
- Some custom hatch patterns may not display in the Ribbon Panel.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using grips to select hatches in some drawings.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when editing annotative hatch through the Ribbon.
- Hatch Scale may revert to 1 when setting transparency and angle on a hatch pattern on a 64-bit operating system.
- Welcome Screen Videos may not play on 64-bit operating systems.
- Searching Online Help may be slow.
- Changing layers transparently from the Ribbon will not update to the new layer when you complete the command.
- Layer properties cannot be changed transparently from the Ribbon.
- When a large amount of layers exist in the layer dialog, changing them in the Ribbon layer control will not update the layer dialog.
- After setting a new layer current, focus is set to the "Name" Column.
- Cascading license can't be checked out if one of the distributed server machines doesn't exist on the network.
- AutoCAD cannot get a license from the distributed server when one of servers is stopped.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when plotting a drawing with plot transparency set to "On".
- Protein Materials values created on a 64-bit operating system will not work on a 32-bit operating system.
- When FBXEXPORT is using the default settings, de-selecting the Insert as Block option in FBXIMPORT results in nothing being imported.
- Mtext Paragraph spacing cannot be removed.
- Text in AutoCAD Mechanical-created Fit dimension can change unexpectedly after DDEDIT.
- Unable to export multi-line attribute values with Object DBX.
OLE (Object Linking & Embedding)
- Drawings with OLE objects saved as a DXF file no longer contain OLE options.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using undo on large drawings.
- FBX® files imported from Autodesk 3ds Max will not import unless materials are unchecked.
- AutoCAD may become unstable if a drawing REGEN occurs after editing a block.
- AutoCAD will not take advantage of the 3 gigabyte switch when enabled on a 32-bit operating system.
- Color book values may not display properly in AutoCAD
- Some PGP aliases may not function in AutoCAD LT.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when SDI (Single Document Interface) is set to 1, while editing drawings with OPENPARTIAL are set to 1.
- Adobe Reader may display a warning message “Cannot find or create the font “ArialMT” when opening PDF files created in AutoCAD.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when publishing large drawings to PDF.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when inserting some BMP images.
- Saving with ISAVE, ISAVEAS, and ISAVE again may cause an error message that you cannot save the file.
- AutoCAD may become unstable in a side-by-side install if the files tab path points to the Install Directory of AutoCAD 2010.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when Regional and Language Options are set to Turkish language.
- Ribbon Fold Panels cannot be transferred in the CUI Editor.
- AutoCAD may become unstable if you have a "." in your menugroup name.
- While in a command, changing the workspace from the Quick Access toolbar will not work.
- Loading custom toolbars from the Ribbon may fail.
Section & Flatten
- All cut-away geometry in sectionplane may not display properly when selecting “Show Cut-away Geometry”.
- Selection Cycling displays when none should be visible.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when holding control and hovering over intersections of lines.
- Changing the Selection Cycling toggle from "Off" to "On" and then quitting AutoCAD may cause you to receive an error report.
- AutoCAD may become unstable after using the "CapturePreviewImage" method
- Crosshairs do not extend across the screen when set to 100% in isometric snap style.
Visual Lisp may display an error message when using ads_defun and ads_regfunc calls in AcApp.arx.
- When using the lisp function, "vl-directory-files" may cause AutoCAD to become unstable if the directory path is long.