“One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format. The operation was not completed and no file was created.” is an AutoCAD Message that might not be so helpful. In my case I tried to save the drawing to a specific folder.
If you get this message check if you in Windows 10 have activated Controlled folder access. Either turn it off or allow AutoCAD (acad.exe) through Controlled folder access.
There can be a lot of other reasons for seeing this message. Here’s what can be found on the Autodesk Knowledge Network:
Causes:This error can have multiple causes:
- Corrupt drawing.
- Corrupt user profile.
- Low free disk space.
- File server issues.
- Missing drive (such as a USB drive that is no longer connected).
- Proxy objects (objects created by third-party applications or other Autodesk applications) that are not recognized by AutoCAD.
- The DACH Extension is installed (AutoCAD Civil 3D) and "empty" surfaces and the "DTM Dreiecksbeschriftung" function is present.
- Network adapter settings
Solution:Enable full saves instead of incremental saves in AutoCAD
On the command line in AutoCAD, type ISAVEPERCENT and set the value to 0 (zero).
Corrupt drawing / low free disk space
- Use the AUDIT command to repair your drawing. This should allow it to be saved.
- Use SAVEAS or WBLOCK to create a new file.
- If the drawing immediately shows the error when you save without making changes in the drawing, insert the drawing into a new drawing created from the acad.dwt template.
Reset AutoCAD (see How to reset AutoCAD to defaults).
Corrupt Windows User Profile
Login as another user and try again. If this works an administrator has to reset the Windows User profile
File Server issues
If this error occurs when you are saving drawing files inside file management software, set AutoCAD and the file management software to both run as administrator and disable User Account Control in Windows.
Enable recognition for proxy objects by setting the following variables to 1:
- PROXYGRAPHICS: Saved in drawing (Initial value is 1)
- PROXYNOTICE: Saved in the registry (Initial value is 1)
- PROXYSHOW: Saved in the registry (Initial value is 1)
Remove the German DACH Extension
See Error: "DGM-Beschriftung Wird neu erstellt" Civil 3D 2016.
Windows Search service
Check the folders that contain your drawings to see if they can be indexed by the Windows Search service (right-click > Properties > Advanced). Make sure Windows is not indexing the folders. On occasion, the indexing repeatedly causes this error with AutoCAD drawings.
Network adapter settings
Disable the TCP Offload setting in your network adapter. For instructions on this, consult the manufacturer of your Ethernet adapter.