AutoCAD 2006 requires a new version of the NLM executables. lmtools.exe is version 10.1.5.0 now.
Here is a quick way to use when you need to upgrade NLM. It could be from AutoCAD 2005 to AutoCAD 2006, other versions or products that uses Macrovision's licensing technique. There is no need to uninstall the old Autodesk Network License Manage and install the new if you don't want to.
- Identify the location of these files on your server(s):
adskflex.exe, lmgrd.exe, lmtools.exe, lmutil.exe
- On the AutoCAD 2006 CD the files are located here
\Bin\acadFeui\support\nlm\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager
- On the AutoCAD 2006 CD run Setup, select Network Deployment and install the Network License Activation Utility. With this utility you can easy and quick request a new license file or append to your existing license file the new feature.
- When you have made the change to the license file go to the license server and stop the FLEXlm/FLEXnet service(s) using lmtools.exe.
- Now copy the 4 exe files mentioned from the CD (DVD) to your server.
- Run lmtools.exe and start the service(s).
If you do the above quick enough (stopping the service, copying the files and starting the service again) and is cool you can do it even when users are using AutoCAD. I don't recommend it but I have done it so I know it works. Recommendation is to do it at a time so you can recover the errors that might happen.
To better control the license usage give JTB FlexReport a try.