TenLinks, Inc. has launched a new service to create solid models called Innovate3D.
Models can be created in Autodesk Inventor, Pro/ENGINEER or SolidWorks formats.
This service is meant for anyone who has a need to create a solid model but doesn't have the time or resources to meet demand. For example, you may want to create a solid model from 2D drawings so you can find its mass properties, submit it for FEA, send it to be manufactured or to send off to tech pubs for a service manual.
If you mention that you saw about this on JTB World's blog, you will get up to 3 solid models for FREE. After that the price is $49 per model. (Not sure how long time this offer will exists though as seen below)
Please comment on what you think about this service. Notice the Terms and Conditions. It answered my initial questions when I got the email from Roopinder Tara.
- Only one free part per company per week.
- Service will monitor the number of free parts created and may withdraw or extend the offer after 500 free parts have been created.
- Free offer applies only to parts, not assemblies.
- Final determination of what constitutes a part or an assembly will be made by the service.
- Parts will be created based upon data provided.
- In the case of missing information, such as incomplete dimensioning, the service will attempt a "best guess" to complete the model.
- Too much missing information will result in delays.
- Order is considered completed when models are sent to the user.
- Revisions to model are the responsibility of the customer.
- Minor revisions may be implemented for free on discretion of the service, or for nominal cost agreed upon by user and the service.
- The service intends to create models in the fastest time possible.
- Extra time will be required for complex parts.