Here is from a media advisory on AutoCAD 2009 product availability:
Autodesk today announced that it is shipping AutoCAD 2009 software, one of the leading applications for conceptual design, drafting and detailing. The AutoCAD 2009 portfolio includes updates to AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT, as well as the discipline-specific applications AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD Electrical, AutoCAD Mechanical, and AutoCAD MEP software applications.
AutoCAD 2009 features significant user interface enhancements along with new productivity tools to help AutoCAD customers of all levels work more efficiently toward competitive design ideas and compelling presentations:
• Improved User Interface & Usability – The new AutoCAD 2009 software task-based user interface is designed to make new and experienced users more productive and has been optimized to reduce the number of steps it takes to reach commands. Furthermore, it is customizable and extensible, can be migrated forward using the standard migration tools and offers a “classic workspace” that provides access to the traditional toolbar and menu interface. In addition, the new AutoCAD 2009 user interface provides a common toolset for operations such as file open and close, rotate, pan, and zoom, into the next several releases of Autodesk products, streamlining the transition between products and reducing learning time.
• Faster Drafting – AutoCAD 2009 can boost productivity by helping automate tedious tasks. The action recorder provides a simple to use macro recorder, and the interactive layer manager instantly makes changes appear in the drawing.
• Autodesk Impression – AutoCAD 2009 subscription customers will receive Autodesk Impression illustration software for the creation of presentation-ready graphics with a hand-drawn look.
• AutoCAD LT 2009, one of the world’s highest selling 2D drafting and detailing product, also features the new user interface to increase productivity for experienced and new users.
The AutoCAD 2009 Portfolio of Industry-specific Solutions Autodesk is also shipping the latest version of the AutoCAD software portfolio, which includes discipline-specific applications built on AutoCAD technology.
• AutoCAD Architecture 2009 features intuitive architectural drawing and design tools within a familiar AutoCAD workflow, offering users the flexibility to learn new tools at their own pace and increase their productivity.
• AutoCAD Electrical 2009 is purpose-built to design electrical controls systems quickly and accurately with automated tasks, comprehensive symbol libraries, and an electrical-specific workflow designed to increase the productivity of controls engineers.
• AutoCAD Mechanical 2009 is designed to accelerate the mechanical design process with standards-based symbol libraries, engineering calculators and a mechanical-specific workflow created to significantly improve productivity for AutoCAD users in manufacturing.
• AutoCAD MEP 2009, the AutoCAD software for mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) businesses, features intuitive system drawing and design tools and built-in design calculators for more efficient and accurate designs.
For more details on AutoCAD 2009 see this website dedicated for AutoCAD 2009.