The release candidate of SSMPropEditor 3.0 is available now. If you want to give it a try it would be appreciated and let me know any comments you have.
A lot of new features have been added.
- There is a Ribbon, Application Menu, Quick Access Toolbar.
- Increment values. Think of revisions for example. Even if you have different revisions on different sheets they will be incremented individually. You can even use custom incremental series if needed for each Sheet Set.
- Sheet Set Properties and Sheet Set Custom Properties can be edited.
- An option to always have a backup of the Sheet Set DST file created whenever you open a Sheet Set.
- Disable ToolTips if you want.
- Choose if you want to show properties as soon as you make a selection in the tree view or if you want to show them when you press the button. The reason there is a manual way is that it is quicker if you make large selections of sheets.
- Copy properties from one sheet to one or many other sheets, even between sheet sets. Check the “Show Copy Checkboxes” checkbox first and then select what properties you want to copy and paste.
- There is a button allowing you to paste the Sheet count of the Sheet Set into the currently selected property.
- Export data to a format that you can use in Excel for example.
- Create reports that you can print.
- Access to previously opened Sheet Sets.
Known issues that will be fixed before release.
- Make sure that not identically names are created if you select to copy and paste the Sheet number and title.
- Some Sheets Sets might result in a crash of the application. “The index must be greater than or equal to 0 and less than Count….”.
SSMPropEditor works even without having AutoCAD installed. It is compatible with all AutoCAD versions and verticals that uses the Sheet Set Manager or Project Manager. It has been tested with AutoCAD 2010 as well as Windows 7.
I hope you enjoy this new version and in a short while the final release will be available.