I have got Excel reports from Share-it that I had no problem to open before. Now when I use Excel 2010 I just cannot open them.
Excel found unreadable content in 'document.xls'. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes.
If I click on Yes I get this message.
Excel was able to open the file by repairing or removing the unreadable content. Excel recovered your formulas and cell values, but some data may have been lost.
But still after that the spreadsheet is empty just three sheets named UnknownSheet1, UnknownSheet2 and UnknownSheet3.
Seems to be a bug in Excel 2010 version 14.0.4760.1000 (32-bit).
If you know the solution or if I find it I will update this blog post.
Update: Share-it has fixed the problem on their end so files created by them now work. Now it’s up to Microsoft to fix so that these files can be opened in Excel 2010 as they can be opened in earlier versions.