Autodesk’s Revit Architecture 2012, Revit Structure 2012, Revit MEP 2012 and Navisworks 2012 software applications have added native 3D mouse support.
Support for 3Dconnexion devices is improved in AutoCAD 2012. The precision and controllability of 3D mouse movements were further optimized to provide a more superior 2D and 3D navigation experience. In Walk and Fly modes, the navigation speed accelerates as the camera position moves away from the model. With Object mode, a consistent zoom speed is maintained regardless of the model size or position of the camera within the drawing.
3Dconnexion Announces Much Anticipated 3D Mouse Support for Autodesk Revit 2012 Software Applications
3Dconnexion Support Brings Design Productivity and Comfort to the AEC Community
FREMONT, Calif. – March 23, 2011 – 3Dconnexion today announced Autodesk® has added native 3D mouse support in Autodesk Revit® Architecture 2012, Autodesk Revit Structure 2012, and Autodesk MEP® 2012 software applications, bringing the full range of 3D mouse design benefits to Revit users. 3Dconnexion 3D mice complement the intuitive interface and modeling and documentation tools in Revit software, helping to enhance every design workflow stage with increased productivity and comfort.
“We are delighted to introduce 3Dconnexion 3D mouse support in the latest Revit software release, as it has been one of the top requests from customers,” said Nicolas Mangon, building business line director, Autodesk. “We’ve been working closely with 3Dconnexion to ensure the quality of support is what both Revit and 3D mouse users expect, enabling architects to work more freely and efficiently.”
3Dconnexion today also announced 3D mouse support in Autodesk Navisworks 2012 software applications, bringing 3D mouse navigation benefits to model integration, review and analysis. Offering a level of design interaction unattainable with a traditional mouse and keyboard, 3D mice allow Revit and Navisworks users to pan, zoom and rotate simultaneously to deliver superior navigation and more intuitive control, helping to boost productivity and efficiency while aiding user comfort.
“The decision to integrate 3D mouse support in Autodesk Revit 2012 software applications, some of the leading BIM applications, is an important landmark in our quest to bring superior 3D navigation to this community,” said Dieter Neujahr, president of 3Dconnexion. “3Dconnexion 3D mice have become the standard for navigation in 3D design software and we look forward to supporting the performance needs of today’s design professionals whatever industry they work in.”
Revit offers a comprehensive level of support for 3Dconnexion’s 3D mice, with an enhanced workflow at every step of the design process, including:
- 3D Modeling: Leveraging a two-handed workflow with a 3D mouse and traditional mouse results in intuitive and precise 3D navigation and a more fluid, productive design process
- Conceptual Design & Review: Leveraging the superior navigation features of 3D mice, architects are able to easily visualize a building or model at the beginning of a project for a more tangible connection to a design, as well as aid in the earlier detection of design flaws
- Client Presentation: 3D mice help clients visualize a project with cinematic-like motions and smooth transitions from one perspective to another, giving the viewer a sense of being in the actual space
- User Interface: An intuitive navigation bar features options for controlling the view, including navigation modes, keeping the scene upright, center tool, and 3Dconnexion driver control panel
- 2D and 3D Navigation: When working in 3D, users can quickly switch between object and walk/fly camera modes within the conceptual design, 3D model or client presentation; in 2D, designers can continue editing while working in detail sheets and section views with easy pan and zoom functionality
- Button Mapping: 3Dconnexion’s Professional Series products feature programmable function keys for instant access to commonly used application commands, and QuickView Navigation keys for one-touch access to specific views
The entire 3Dconnexion product line is compatible with Revit and Navisworks 2012, including the Professional Series with the SpacePilot PRO (MSRP $399) and SpaceExplorer™ (MSRP $299), and the Standard Series with the SpaceNavigator (MSRP $99) and SpaceNavigator for Notebooks (MSRP $129). For additional information, visit www.3Dconnexion.com.
About 3Dconnexion, A Logitech Company
3Dconnexion, a wholly owned subsidiary of Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (Nasdaq: LOGI), is the leading provider of 3D mice for 3D design and visualization. 3Dconnexion devices support today’s most popular and powerful 3D applications by offering users a more intuitive and natural way to interact with computer-generated 3D content. 3Dconnexion’s award-winning 3D mice serve a wide variety of industries and are used by 3D designers, animators and artists worldwide. 3Dconnexion is headquartered in Fremont, Calif. with European headquarters in Munich, Germany and offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.3Dconnexion.com. You may also connect with 3Dconnexion on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/3Dconnexion) and Twitter (http://twitter.com/3Dconnexion).