Thursday, February 21, 2008

LogMeIn and Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Sometimes I use LogMeIn Free, a great way to access remote computers.

I have accessed my PC several times during the day and suddenly I've started to get this problem when trying to connect to it.
"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage..." Frustrated I wondered what can be the problem?

I tried to restart the laptop and that didn't help. An hour or so later I was able to log in again. It happened again the other day and then I tried to log in to that computer using Firefox instead of IE7 and then it worked. After logging out from Firefox I was able to log in with IE7 again. Maybe it had helped to delete the browsing history, clear the temporary Internet files and cookies or so in IE7. It happened when the session was on and the laptop went into sleep mode or hibernate and I guess something hanged at that point as I did not log out normally. Problem solved.

Some other reasons to this can be caused by a software error or conflict that is preventing the LogMeIn service from accepting incoming connections. 

This can be resolved by either restarting LogMeIn on the target computer, or restarting the computer itself.

The cause is usually a software conflict with another 3rd party piece of software that interferes with LogMeIn listening for connection requests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to the comments feed

Some of the latest blog posts

Subscribe to RSS headline updates from:
Powered by FeedBurner

Contact Us | About JTB World | Subscribe to this blog
JTB World's website | Website General Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
^ Top of page

© 2004- JTB World. All rights reserved.