You probably will get notified about this when running Acrobat 8 or Adobe Reader 8 or you can choose Help > Check for Updates.
The 8.1.1 update requires that Acrobat 8.1.0 is installed. To determine which version of Acrobat you have currently installed, choose Help > About Acrobat. If you have version 8.0 you should apply the 8.1 update first.
Here are some issues fixed:
- Closes a security vulnerability.
- Corrupt updater preferences will cause Reader 8.1 or Acrobat 8.1 to crash when attempting to check for updates.
- Custom button(s) do not appear in the toolbar when a PDF opens via the browser plug-in.
- The FedEx Kinko's menu item is removed.
- Type 3 fonts with missing operators.
Products Affected: Acrobat 3D, Acrobat Professional, Acrobat Standard and Adobe Reader.
For more information about issues addressed in the 8.1.1 update, see this technical document in the Support Knowledgebase.