Have you lost your shortcut or icon for Switch between windows (Window Switcher, Flip3D)? Is it missing this Vista Aero feature from your Quick Launch toolbar even though the keyboard shortcuts are still working?
- Windows Logo+Tab (press Tab for next window or hold Tab down to quickly scroll for the next windows.)
- Shift+Windows Logo+Tab (press Tab for previous window or hold Tab down to quickly scroll for the next windows)
- Ctrl+Windows Logo+Tab (to stay in Windows Flip 3D mode. You can also press RIGHT ARROW or DOWN ARROW to cycle forward one window, or press LEFT ARROW or UP ARROW to cycle backward one window.) Press ENTER to activate the window or ESC to close Flip 3D.
- At any time use the mouse and click on a window to activate it.
Here is how the button on the taskbar can be restored after accidentally have been deleted or misplaced.
- Create a new shortcut by for example right clicking on the desktop and select New>Shortcut.
- When asked "What item would you like to create a shortcut for?" copy the row below and paste it to the text box.
- %SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe dwmapi #105
- Click on Next.
- Enter the name for the shortcut. For example: "Switch between windows".
- Click on Finish.
- Right click on the new shortcut and select Properties.
- Click on the Change Icon button.
- Change rundll32.exe to imageres.dll and press OK. (The location is usually at %SystemRoot%\System32\imageres.dll or search for the file imageres.dll in the folder %SystemRoot% or C:\Windows and its subfolders. On Windows Vista 64-bit the location is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe DwmApi #105)
- The correct icon should now be in the list. Click on it and press OK.
- Now you can drag and drop the shortcut to the Quick Launch toolbar.
- The shortcut Switch between windows is now recovered. Problem solved.