After I reported about the bug in the post AutoCAD Architecture 2018 and AutoCAD MEP 2018 New Feature Summary I got a workaround from Autodesk that I wanted to share:
Please see below workaround for the issue, suggested by our engineering team. You can enable the “Add-ins” Tab in the CUI and all the apps will be installed under this tab.
- Uninstall all apps (including Autodesk Apps)
- Launch AutoCAD Architecture>>CUI>>Right click on the default workspace>>Customize Workspace
- Ribbon>>Tabs>>Enable “Add-ins”>>click “Done” on the Right pane>>OK
- Right Click on any tab>>Enable “Add-ins” Tab to be shown in the Ribbon.
- Install the apps now and should be seen under Add-ins tab.