For the latest updates on the type of support you can get from Autodesk visit www.autodesk.com/support and specifically http://usa.autodesk.com/support-offerings/. The new terms are Effective May 7, 2012.
Speaking of Autodesk there are also price changes: Upgrade now to help protect your software investment, and help maximize your return with the many benefits offered through Autodesk® Subscription and Autodesk® 360 cloud-based services. Autodesk currently anticipates changes to its upgrade options next year, so take advantage of existing upgrade pricing and paths today to move to the current release—and you could additionally save up to 20%* off SRP when you act before July 13, 2012. If you have Autodesk 2007 products or older they cannot next year be upgraded but you need to purchase a complete new license at full price.
Below is the support offerings can be found:
Autodesk Enterprise Priority Support
What is it?
Autodesk® Enterprise Priority Support is only available to Autodesk Subscription customers. It is a comprehensive program of proactive support services designed to meet the needs of direct, large enterprise customers who use Autodesk software on complex multisite projects. Enterprise Priority Support is the highest level of support that Autodesk offers.
The short of it
- Priority 24x7 access to Autodesk global product support for authorized callers with severity 1 issues
- 24x5* access to Autodesk global product support for authorized callers for severity 2 and 3 issues
- Assigned support account manager who expedites requests, manages escalations and oversees account needs
- Proactive services including operational assessments and health checks
- Roadmap meeting with Autodesk developers
- Participation in beta programs
- Access to senior Autodesk leadership
- All the benefits of Autodesk Advanced and Autodesk Basic Support
How do I purchase it?
Autodesk Enterprise Priority Support is available for purchase only if you have an Autodesk Subscription and is only available direct from Autodesk.
The short of Advanced Support
- Unlimited, priority, one-to-one, extended hour global phone support in English
- Phone support in a number of local languages during local business hours
- Access to senior Autodesk support specialists
- One named contact per ten software seats (minimum of two contacts)
- Remote desktop assistance
- Access to online, moderated community support forums
- Option to escalate forum question to a one-to-one support request
- Access to automated email updates and response options for incidents
- Access to a wide range of online help and exclusive training webcasts
- Access to API support
The short of Basic Support
- Access to expedited community forum support. Forum posts are automatically escalated to the Autodesk product support team if the community does not respond to the question within 24 hours. If you do not mark an issue as solved, Autodesk will contact you
- Access for authorized persons to one-to-one Autodesk support for issues requiring privacy
- Access to Autodesk online support, including a knowledge base with help documents, tutorials, training videos, and an extensive collection of Autodesk technical solutions and community support forum threads
Autodesk Per-Incident Support and Up-and-Ready Support is available without Autodesk Subscription.