AutoCAD 2012 Service Pack 2 is available now.
You can apply this update to AutoCAD 2012 running on all supported operating systems and languages. Consult the readme file for installation instructions and be sure to install the correct update (32-bit or 64-bit) for your software and operating system.
NOTE: You can also use Autodesk Exchange to install the Live Update Maintenance Patches, which will automatically show the correct Service Pack for your product.
The AutoCAD 2012 and AutoCAD LT 2012 Service Pack 2 Readme has not yet been updated to include what updates and bug fixes SP2 includes. UPDATE: See details further down.
This is one way to verify that AutoCAD 2012 SP 2 is installed.
_VERNUM = "F.205.0.0 (UNICODE)" (read only)
Another way is to run the ABOUT command and it will say Product Version: F.205.0.0, AutoCAD 2012 – English SP2.
As a result of detailed information from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, a number of problems were identified and fixed. Updates have been made in the following commands and features:
- 2D Display
- General Editing
- Model Documentation
The following defects have been fixed:
3D Navigation Tools
- AutoCAD may become unstable after switching between a 3D Viewport to a 2D Viewport.
- "Keep Scene Upright" in 3DConnexion Settings dialog cannot be changed.
- Unknown command "SPACEMOUSEACTION" and device is not working when using 3DConnexion device.
3D Surface Modeling
- AutoCAD may become unstable after using SAVEAS on some drawings that have been run through recover.
- MTEXT column width can collapse to zero when XREF is bound to the parent drawing.
- Annotative MTEXT column width can collapse to zero when drawing is saved and reopened.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using the ARRAYCLASSIC dialog with solid entities selected and clicking on the preview button.
- On a 32bit Operating system using the ARRAYCLASSIC command preview with a large number of items selected, you may get a warning "Too many objects would be created."
- On a 32bit Operating system using the ARRAYCLASSIC command you may encounter objects on locked layers being removed without a warning dialog.
- Array blocks may not display when attached as an XREF.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when drawings contain loft surface on different layers and saved to older drawing versions such as 2004.
The AutoCAD options paths may become shortened when the Inventor Fusion Plugin is installed.
Autoloader fails to load a modified CUIx file.
ACFusion.cuix keeps getting added back to AutoCAD even when unloaded.
- AutoCAD may take a long time when inserting an external block that contains a large number of layer filters.
- Dynamic Blocks may not be updated when the Property Palette is visible.
- AutoCAD may become unstable after changing the view during ARRAYCLASSIC or Hatch preview.
CUI (Customizable User Interface)
- Context menus are different based on how you have loaded the Main and Enterprise menu.
- DGN linetypes may display inconsistently.
- Imported text of a dimension in a DGN file is not submitted to the dimension style.
- When using COPYCLIP and PASTECLIP on a 64bit Operating System, you may see the object color change from the original color.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when autosave runs with an attached PDF file that is an extremely small scale.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using commands that modify one of the dimensions with the cyclic dependency.
Export to Layout
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using the EXPORTLAYOUT command.
External Reference (XREF)
- DGN files ½become scaled by a factor of 1/12 after an xref bind.
- Field for viewport scale is displayed as "Custom" on opening legacy files such as AutoCAD 2009.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when grip editing a PLINE with the Properties Palette open.
- Error message appears in command line after renaming the layout tab when sheet set manager is opened.
- The landing on mleaders can change unexpectedly when certain LISP routines are run.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using Check Standards on drawings with leaders.
- Temporary IDW files with "dwg.tmp" extension are created when a file with model documentation drawing views from AutoCAD 2013 is opened in AutoCAD 2012.
- AutoCAD may become unstable after clicking the Publish button for drawings with AutoCAD 2013-created drawing views.
- AutoCAD LT may become unstable when setting the Mtext direction to vertical in the Property Palette.
OLE (Object Linking & Embedding)
- AutoCAD may become unstable when using OLE to copy and paste Excel content.
- The final value for the line is using the total length instead of stretch/extension.
- When using Osnap, then selecting a line with a grip, then stretching by entering an exact distance may not yield the expected length.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when opening drawings with possible corrupt array entities.
- With DUCS turned on, the cursor may have been freezing after closing the block editor.
- CTB, STB, PC3 and PMP files may not have been added to etransmit list when additional plot search paths were added.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when publishing to DWF.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when exiting on Microsoft Windows 8.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when copying large selection sets.
- AutoCAD may become unstable when working with joined splines.
- You may notice high network utilization with SMB V2 (Server Message Block) while working with the sheet set manger.
- AutoCAD may not start if the Operating System path is not able to be found.
- When editing an Excel Data Links not all the information is displayed.
- Customized Tooltips fail to be aligned by rows.
Visual Basic for Application (VBA)
- On a 64bit Operating system with VBA loaded, you may not be able to restore AutoCAD after minimizing it.
- Visual Styles may become lost when saving back to a previous drawing version such as AutoCAD 2007 file format.