Autodesk Customer Involvement Program (CIP) is something new in AutoCAD 2008 based products and I guess some will raise their voice against it or being uncomfortable about it but I suggest that you participate.
If you choose to participate in the Customer Involvement Program, AutoCAD will automatically send Autodesk information about what features you use most, any problems that you encounter, and other information helpful to the future direction of the product.
Here is the complete list of the information that would be automatically sent to Autodesk:
- Name and version of the Autodesk product
- AutoCAD commands used, and amount of time spent in AutoCAD
- Error conditions encountered, fatal and non-fatal
- File formats imported or exported with AutoCAD
- Operating system name and version
- System configuration information such as processor, amount of memory, and graphics card
- IP address, used to estimate your country or region
You can choose to participate or stop participating at any time by accessing the Customer Involvement Program dialog in the product help menu or use the new long command CustomerInvolvementProgram. Your choice applies to all Autodesk products installed on the computer your choice is made.
If you have answered yes to participate it is saved in the registry. As you can see it is not related to any Autodesk product or version. Either it is enabled or it is not.
1 if for Yes and 0 for No (Affects all users on th machine.)
This setting can also be set using the updated CAD Manager Control Utility..
Update: (The MC3OptIn value controls whether the current user is sending CIP data)