Individual files can be scanned on demand and Virustotal uses multiple antivirus engines to test the file. The file is tested with products form F-Secure, Grisoft, McAfee, Symantec among others.
Virustotal is a service that analyzes suspicious files and facilitates the quick detection of viruses, worms, trojans, and all kinds of malware detected by antivirus engines.
- Free, independent service
- Use of multiple antivirus engines
- Real-time automatic updates of virus signatures
- Detailed results from each antivirus engine
- Real time global statistics
What antivirus product do you use and what are the pros and cons? I am beta testing Norton 360 from Symantec on one of my machines and so far it works pretty good.