"changes to the user interface and productivity enhancements" - Productivity enhancements is always welcome. Is it time to see the new Office UI including the ribbon in AutoCAD?
"Users not proficient in LISP or scripting" - I'm pretty sure what that is about... Hints for the above can probably be found among AUGI Top Ten lists like these.
See more details in the post Attention San Francisco and Denver area AutoCAD users
PS. If you cannot attend this test drive you can always sign up for the AutoCAD 2008 and AutoCAD LT 2008 Service Pack 1 Beta
- Custom scales which exist in the nested xrefs are no longer duplicated in the host drawing
- Multiline attributes no longer shift positions every time drawings are saved and opened
- All dynamic block properties are now correctly extracted
- The In-Place dimension text editor size is now correct
- and much more is going to be fixed.